About Me

My photo
Los Olivos, California, United States
You can reach me at fool4fabric (at) gmail (dot) com

Sunday, October 16, 2011

2 Marcy Tilton for Vogue Jackets

Here I am with TWO shirt/jackets by Marcy Tilton for Vogue...these two patterns appealed to me because they are definitely not run-of-the-mill.



First is V8620, done in a lovely black/gray cotton/lycra blend from Emma One Sock. The zipper is a little heavy for the fabric, but I LOVE distinctive zippers, and this pattern is a great one for showing off great zips. I don't know when I've run across a pattern with a more flattering neckline. I actually did this first in a combination of fabrics, like this one (scroll down), but my fabric choices weren't great and it became a wadder. I wouldn't give up, and I'm so glad I hung in there.

The second one is Vogue 8709
done in a cotton lycra stripe from Marcy Tilton Fabrics. It's a shirt jacket with a lot of flair (flare) and is very flattering. The fabric choice is a little somber for me, although the fabric itself is wonderful. I like the cut of this, and the details which extend to the back
I look forward to doing this again in a little livelier fabric.


9 comments:

  1. Both of these jackets are FABULOUS, Margy! I envy you, because neither is as flattering on my silhouette. Love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant work, Margy!!! Both jackets are very flattering to you. I also made Vogue 8709 and have been wearing it to death. Just so comfortable. But mine is in a 'boring beige' colour and I also vow to do my next one in more energetic fabric as well. The design certainly is a good one. You look fab wearing both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both utterly gorgeous on you! LOVE that EOS fabric! You're so right about that neckline...tempting, tempting.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are fantastic jackets. I just made the second one, but I really didn't like that diagonal pleat in the back on me. I am too hippy (not hippie)! However, next time I wil remove the pleat and will not make it from a stripe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog through Tilton's NL. It looks wonderful for this 73-year-old (who feels more like 50--grin!). Definitely a livelier fabric for the second jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those jackets are both absolutely GORGEOUS - you're very talented!
    big hug,
    Vivienne

    ReplyDelete
  7. MARGY:

    LOVE THE FINISHED VERSION OF OUR MARCY TILTON V8620. WE WOULD LOVE TO USE IT ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE, Fb.voguepatterns.com IF WE HAVE YOUR PERMISSION! PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESPONSE TO valeryp@mccallpattern.com. THANKS

    Valery

    ReplyDelete
  8. The jackets are as pretty as the model. You did a beautiful job. Congratulations on being asked to be on FB by Vogue Patterns.
    I saw you on there and found your blog.

    I am also a sucker for fabric and have a lot stored up. I am busy sewing for daughter, grandchildren, crafting and home decor.

    ReplyDelete