and decided to make a jacket with moto influences. I didn't want to use my TNT Kwik Sew 3764 again, so I went hunting for a suitable pattern. I made a muslin out of the Quart Coat
pattern by Pauline Alice, thinking I could modify it to my liking. I couldn't...
My dress form isn't shaped like that, and neither am I (wide shoulders, nipped
I liked aspects of B5822 (OOP) which I used when I was making "manteaux"
for our Iran trip...
so I put on my thinking cap and came up with a frankinpattern using parts of the Butterick pattern and parts of the Kwik Sew. And this is what I made:
I added a separating zipper to the front, shortened the jacket, and added sleeve and pocket zippers...
I used the sleeve from the KS and also the pocket placement, the rest was from
the Butterick pattern.
I lined the jacket with a dark red satin lining, also from Mood Fabrics, and piped
it in black satin.
I accessorized it with some wonderful Gujarati bracelets I got in India some
25 years ago.
That's kept me pretty busy; I took some time out to have a wonderful lunch with long-time
friend Diane and her SO
The puppy? He had his first grooming appointment, we went to obedience class (THAT was
traumatic for both of us!), he now weighs in at 20 pounds, and every ¼ inch he grows
means another level of mischief he can reach. I took him for a swim again yesterday and he jumped right in. I think he's tall enough now to get out on his own, but for now, we keep a hand on his collar. But he loves to swim!
Like the kitty, he LOVES boxes...
begging to go in the door (damage on door done by his
My kitchen activities are still centered on somewhat frantic enjoyment of the tomato season...
Caprese salad for lunch today. We're also cleaning out the freezer, eating last year's beans and soups, getting ready for cooler weather (hah! it's currently 95 degrees, but "feels like" 105).