About Me

My photo
Los Olivos, California, United States
You can reach me at fool4fabric (at) gmail (dot) com

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Once More, with Mirrors!

I finally finished my fancy jacket to wear to a party next Thursday. It is another iteration of Marcy Tilton's Vogue 8620, this time in a fabulous embroidered, sequined, mirrored black silk dupioni from Hyena Productions, a wonderful source for incredible silks.



I've been to India seven times, and each trip I fall in love all over again with their over-the-top use of mirrors. I have them all over my house, both inside and out. Now I'll have them on my body!



I'm wearing the jacket with a pair of flame-colored silk velvet pants I made many years ago.



This was also an opportunity to use my new labels!



While waiting for the Swarovski rhinestones to put on the reverse-that-shows zipper (a great idea from Shams, at Communing With Fabric), I made a quick tunic, Vogue 8542 OOP, View B. I used a black and gray knit from Marcy Tilton, and, because I didn't order enough, a black ponte knit from JoAnn's for the neck and sleeves.




A very productive week!

10 comments:

  1. That jacket is AH-MAZ-ING, Margy and it looks fabulous on you! What an elegant ensemble! I love the rhinestones and how they glinted for the photograph. :)

    Your tunic is also a great look. I like the contrast sleeves and collar.

    Marvioso!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to steal the show Margy! The pants just light the whole outfit on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fabulous jacket! And you can check your make-up while wearing it! It's very striking. Love it! And your tunic is totally cute also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Marcy Tilton's patterns, and you have certainly done it justice. You will be the life of the party, and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic looking outfits - all look wonderful on you

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is not an easy feat (IMHO) to pull off the wearing of mirrors elegantly - you did it, in spades! Beautiful!

    Love the tunic as well...you are, without a doubt, one of my style icons! Now if only I had 6 more inches of height lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for the lovely comments! It's such fun sewing with an appreciative audience! Gwen, I hadn't thought of checking my makeup in the mirrors...now I will!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blingy version of Marcy's jacket. The fabric is to-die-for glamorous, and the sparkling zipper is the perfect finish. Very nice styling with those plush, velvety pants, too.
    Your tunic top looks very hip and comfy too. I like the idea of using different fabrics for sleeves and collars, so this looks very natural to me. Great you got so much accomplished this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The jacket is great -- I've had the pattern for a while and will have to make it up. Great look!

    ReplyDelete