About Me

My photo
Los Olivos, California, United States
You can reach me at fool4fabric (at) gmail (dot) com

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Katherine, Koos and Me

It's been a productive week chez moi...after my burst of Utility Sewing last week, I made the Katherine Tilton vest, Vogue 8777, in the wonderful rayon dot fabric
which I saw on Koos van den Akker's FaceBook page some time ago.



I'm fairly pleased with it, although it is a little on the skimpy side, size-wize. I made a small without doing a muslin, and it would look better a little larger, I think. I bound the edges with black bias tape, as the fabric frays terribly.

Then I made another Adele top in a wonderful snaky cotton/lycra knit from Marcy Tilton
                         
This is a wonderful quality fabric, and reminded me how much I love a good cotton knit.

Then, I made another of Katherine's patterns, Vogue 8691, view D, in a pretty rayon/lycra knit from Emma One Sock.
                                       

This is a wonderfully-fitted princess seamed top; I'm not sure about the ruffles...I feel a little like an aging ballerina...
...but I'm pleased with my output! Next up, I think, is a morphing of two tees to come up with one that fits better...

Happy April Fool's Day!

21 comments:

  1. All 3 of these are striking! And they look fabulous on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful. Margy you are the undisputed queen of styling these looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the "ballerina top" on you. It is just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you made this top because I have been carrying around the pattern for ages! You have helped me decide if the ruffle is an option for me. It sure looks nice on you....

    PS: I like the new look of your blog, too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza, Margy! Three amazing garments, all perfectly matched with pattern to fabric. You did a marvelous job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything coordinates! oh, what I would give for your skill :-) Beautiful Margy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving all of these garments especially the vest! Simply wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pieces! I like the ruffles. It gives a nice silhouette.... and if it makes you want to dance, all the better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lovely pieces! I think the ruffles are rather fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Margy, you look amazing! Black and white are your colors. I can't decide which I like best, but I think it's your princess look. The ruffles are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with the previous posters who say how great all of these garments are. The "ballerina" top is especially flattering, particularly through the torso. You look so tiny and slim!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning!!! All tops are beautiful and flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of the garments are beautiful. Truly love that knit from Marcy Tilton.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love the vest, also made last week out of a woven....looks just as good as yours! And the ballerina top is fabulous as well, think I may make myself with leggings for a long plane ride! YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are all really lovely and wearable garments! Great combinations of fabrics and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, love, love all three of these! Your fabric choice for each garment is so smart. I love that Koos fabric, and that vest is my current favorite. I made it in a mesh seral weeks ago and just love it. Your's doesn't look too small. The pattern isn't cut to meet or overlap at the center front. It looks perfect to me!
    The snake print is way cool, too. Great accomplishments for just one week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am greatly enjoying all the comments and AGREE but I want to know why no one has mentioned Margy's 'brother' and sometimes copy cat in the second picture?

    Joan, the Alpaca Lady

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are all terrific pieces. I lolove the V8691. It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the black and white tunic very much. If you don't want the ruffles, there is a similar Vogue pattern from the Alice and Olivia range - sans ruffles.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A friend of mine made Katherine's V8691 and left off the ruffle at the bottom -- it has a nice architectural look.

    ReplyDelete
  21. All of these are inspiring....and like you I am a great fan of the Tilton sisters' patterns, and Emmaonesock fabrics. The "aging ballerina" top looks wonderful, as well as your other creations.

    ReplyDelete