The pictures are taken inside my studio today because there is a 35MPH wind outside; there is a 1800 acre wildfire about 20 miles away, so this is a BAD
I used two of my beloved black and white striped zippers, from Ghee's, and found a matching ribbon on Etsy. The Crushed Taffeta is from OnlineFabrics and the lining I found on eBay. I again narrowed the pattern in the armholes
and at the waist, so it wouldn't be so boxy.
As before, I made a size larger than I ordinarily would, to accommodate the
bulk of the pockets, when filled.
Since I wore the silver vest so often on my trip to Iran, I jotted down as I went along, noting what worked, what didn't and what I could add.
For instance, because the two fabrics are slippery, the pockets needed to be deeper, or closed, so that things wouldn't fall out if I bent over.
Outside pockets, deeper
Inside pockets, deeper
bottom pocket on the left is zippered
bottom pocket on the right is closed with velcro
walk, so I won't have to wait till the next trip to wear it.
As promised, a tutorial on adding pockets to vests and travel jackets is in the