So...I've made a new bomber jacket...
The pattern is Kwik Sew 3491, the fabric is from EmmaOneSock. She said it was from designer Carolina H., a heavy-weight cotton/poly twill, backed with a black poly knit. I would SWEAR it has neoprene in it...and swear I did, often and loudly. Every other pin I tried to put through bent...it made my sewing machine and serger scream for mercy, even though I was using #18 needles.
It was sort of like sewing a wetsuit (not that I've ever sewn a wetsuit!)
I made a few changes to the pattern, combining Views A&B, redrafting the collar, substituting black satin for the ribbing called for at waist and cuffs.
The few times I tried to sew by hand (basting and sewing the buttons on) I had to use pliers to pull the needle through. Basta!
It's cute, but I think I'll stick with my beloved Moto Jacket. That fabric was also hard to sew, but the effort/result factor was higher.
Tis the season for bounteous harvests from our orchard...here are some delicious Pluots
and there are bags and bags of French Plums (AKA prunes) that Dave dried in the dehydrator.
Back to preparing for the influx of worker bees this weekend...