About Me

My photo
Los Olivos, California, United States
You can reach me at fool4fabric (at) gmail (dot) com

Sunday, January 25, 2015

"THE TIME HAS COME...TO TALK OF MANY THINGS...

...said the Walrus. I have no sewing projects to show, as I've been out of the studio for a while. But I've had a memorable two weeks.

First off, new SHOOZ!



Trippen "Bus" in red...I LOVE red shoes!


I had a blogger meet-up with the fabulous Lisa from Amid Privilege; we had such a good time at lunch that we totally forgot to have our picture taken together! We jabbered for almost two hours, learning about each other's past,
present and future. Lisa drives to Santa Barbara regularly to see her mother, and I hope to be a permanent stop on her trip. She is exploring where she wants to go and what to do in her early retirement. I can't wait to find out.

We had visits from two of our daughters recently; the first was from J. who now lives in Salt Lake City. We had a busy four days, visiting, talking, a trip to the beach with her Dad. One night she taught me how to make potstickers to my total delight. Unfortunately, I forgot to photograph it!

Then the next weekend we had a visit from Maggie and David, who had not been up here for a long time. David is a Mac Whiz, and we discussed a "secret project" that he is working on, with a little help from me...



The fact that my giant "swatch book" is sitting there should give you a hint of what the project is about...more to come later!

Maggie brought up the gorgeous photograph of Morro Bay that she had given us for Christmas, and we spent hours deciding where we would hang it.



It's fun when the photographer can supervise the hanging of her work. Micmac the Maine Coon arrives whenever the ladder appears.

Because Maggie is such a fabulous cook, we usually cook together when she's here. Of course I had to introduce her to potstickers. Because she doesn't eat wheat, we used some rice sheets instead, which were SO BIG that we turned them into GIANT GYOZA.



Hand included for scale...then, we cooked

and steamed...

added some stir-fried veggies




and served it all to Paddywack (not really)



                                                          YUM!

I got a chance to wear one of my new vests out to lunch with Dave last week...




And then last night, we celebrated our 39th anniversary...




Wow, it looks like all I do is eat...

I am joining up with the Visible Women over on Not Dead Yet Style where the
ever gracious Patti hosts our get together...See you there!

TTYL

21 comments:

  1. Yum, for certain, to those potstickers, and the anniversary dessert. Congratulations to both of you!. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, and have a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! and yum to those potstickers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy food! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous shoes, Margy! You will have to swing by Shoe Shine this Friday and post them! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When Lisa told me she'd met up with you I was so envious! She had nothing but good things to say. :-) LOVE those shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! I laughed out loud when I saw Paddywack! And I didn't realize that MicMac was a Maine Coon. I'm sure my Magic was part Maine Coon, and I'd love to adopt another!

    If not sewing, then food should be the focus!!! I loved your newsy post, and it's triggered my appetite for healthy food...if I remember correctly it was you that put me onto Ottolenghi, so keep these posts coming please!

    That swatch book is epic!!! NO other words....

    Happy Anniversary to you both!!!! Wishing you many more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that secret project has something to do with a pattern inventory system that really works and scales to Android phones and tablets, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary you two! I lust for your shoes - thanks to Shams I've become a lover of Trippen's too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely lovely, Margy! You've had some wonderful family time! And I covet-eth those shoes!!! (May I copy you? :D) Happy happy anniversary to you and Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah Margy, I'm tearing up here! It was extraordinary to meet you. I too hope for regular stops on the way down south.

    And how fun to see your house, your loved ones, and you in action. The Margy smile. Gyozas as big as your hand. Swatches and technology.

    Much love, and here's to past, present, and future. xoxoxox.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary and pot sticker/gyoza making!

    I love it that two of my favorite bloggers get together. Oh, that universe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the hand holding picture. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the news-filled post, and especially that last photo, of the two of you holding hands. You and Shams both have me thinking I need another pair of Trippers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy anniversary! Your pot sticker dinner looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary, that last photo is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary to the both of you-and now I am going to bed with the vision of the last sweet photograph in my head...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy, happy anniversary! What a sweet photo.

    (Now I have Shoe Lust... Argh...)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Anniversary, you two! So cute. The food looks so yummy as do your new shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary!! And many, many more. You look absolutely stunning in your red vest!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many happy bits in this post. First, I LOOVE those shoes with the heel like that and the simplicity of the upper. And a secret project, that sounds very exciting. And gorgeous photo art, a gathering of loved ones at a table presided over by Paddywack. Hilarious photo! And Happy Anniversary!! The photo of your hand-holding says it all.

    ReplyDelete