About Me

My photo
Los Olivos, California, United States
You can reach me at fool4fabric (at) gmail (dot) com

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

YET ANOTHER CATCHUP...

Well, I meant to post before this; I needed a good week to recover from all the socializing in Oregon, then I went to the Bay Area for a quick trip (see 
Sham's Post for details and pictures), then I spent almost a full week doing a major clean "out and up" of my studio and then had a wonderful weekend visit from DD Maggie...we celebrated her May Birthday, Mothers' Day and my June Birthday all at once. FUN! And... she got behind the camera to do a photoshoot on all my new clothes, both sewn and RTW. It's so much more fun to do that with someone, rather than using a remote control! After we finished on Sunday late morning, we went out for a lovely leisurely brunch at Petros' in Los Olivos...







On to the clothes...

I made this top  and these pants for my trip to Oregon...



The fabrics are both from Girl Charlee, a black, red and gray sweater knit, and a gray stretch denim.  And to go with them, I made this wonderful red raincoat
V 9070 in a juicy red rainwear with a little metallic thread in it, both fabric and pattern from Marcy Tilton.


Of course, we had wonderful sunny weather in Oregon, but the coat is fun to wear anyway.

Also, before I left, I made these wide-legged pants in a silky crepe (black and white, of course!) I can't remember which pattern I used, but they are very cool and comfortable.


While  shopping in Portland, I found this little sleeveless tunic




and this one, with sleeves...



Later on in the week, I went to Cannon Beach with my friend Willie, and we
found these lightweight rayon pants:










To round out my summer wardrobe, I found this wonderful Vince Camuto poncho




and this breezy Chico's top, bought with my now-canceled Indian trip in mind...




 And, to finally come to the end of this endless post, here are pictures of Maggie, Dave and me celebrating my birthday a few days early...





A big thanks to Maggie for taking so many of these pictures and making the weekend SO. MUCH. FUN!

TTYL...

P.S....I'm heading over to the "Hat Attack" at the lovely Judith's Style Crone blog...come see all of us in our head gear!

26 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great post, love your outfits. If you were in Portland now that it is June you would get to wear your raincoat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your outfits! So beautiful and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bonanza of sartorial goodness! And a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every outfit looks great. You do look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work always inspires me - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! And thank you for sharing all your beautiful finds. Love that Vince Camuto. You are the definition of classy and artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never pointless! Love to see what you wear and make. All fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the clothes and very happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your clothes, RTW or hand made. I'd take your shoe collection too! Wishing you a very Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dang! Now I want my own renditions of most of those fabulous clothes...I'm never going to finish my spring garden work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such great style! Love the gorgeous red raincoat you made. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are such a lovely and sharing person. your pieces are gorgeous. happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE LOVE LOVE that poncho!!! I'm adding that to my make list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are magic! The pieces that you sew and those that you choose are always beautiful. And you model them to perfection. Thank you for sharing your hat and your beauty with Hat Attack!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my. You are so fabulous. I love every single thing in this post, accessories included.
    I am so inspired by you and grateful that I can enjoy your wardrobe as I am now drastically reducing my own. Getting rid of almost everything to become a full time nomad is forcing me to focus on a new "look". A few perfect pieces, a uniform of sorts. Can you imagine that!?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you had a very Happy Birthday! Such fun outfits! You always put together the most fun, classy looks. I even love the poncho, and I'm not a poncho person...lol! Maybe have to rethink that! Love your shoes, too :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday you magnificent woman of style! There is so much to love here, and thanks, by the way, to Maggie, for being the photographer. Having two people involved adds so much life. The red raincoat stole my heart for sure and the very bold black and white poncho. And those platform sandals, oooh, very nice as well. Thanks for this great update.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful fashion show! Thank-you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful photos! Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Margy, Where has this post been? It JUST showed up in my feed. grrrr.....anywho, I love all these clothes and have some of the fabric used in that sleeveless tunic from Portland. You are looking quite svelte lately :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a wonderful post!! I enjoy seeing the things you make and your beautiful ensembles. I also LOVED the glimpse of your decor!! I'm guessing that with your travels, you've collected some beautiful pieces. I love eclectic, global decor.

    Portland is one of my favorite places to visit, and I love Canon Beach as well. Thank you for a lovely post. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  22. love your blog, margy! you're an inspiration for every woman. regards from brazil, márcia.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like a fun trip and some great shopping finds! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE that poncho - and the colour-matching spaniel! Your home sewing looks so professional, the idea of making a raincoat would terrify me but your red mac looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete