About Me

My photo
Los Olivos, California, United States
You can reach me at fool4fabric (at) gmail (dot) com

Sunday, April 20, 2014

PEEPS!


A little beyond the cute, fuzzy baby chicks  which they were 2 weeks ago; but I love the teenage phase they are going through right now..."surfer dudes", we call them...this one enjoyed his first time outside in the sunshine today!

DD and DSIL are up for the holiday weekend...I thought Maggie might step in to take photos (she is a fabulous photographer, among her many talents) but she had a run-in with a mandoline this afternoon, and she lost...:(

Here we are during the photoshoot



I am showing my most recent sewing project, a pair of my Lynda Maynard pants 
in a wonderful cotton/linen blend from my new source, Smuggler's Daughter;
it's off-white with a fabulous "ink spatter" pattern from Milly.








We are feasting on grilled, butterflied leg of lamb (scallops for pescaterian DD),
roasted red potatoes, asparagus, and wine (and CHAMPAGNE!)

An endless sink full of dishes to be done...



I'm checking in over at Not Dead Yet Style where Patti is once again hosting
Visible Monday...

I hope your holiday or Sunday has been wonderful!

TTYL...

19 comments:

  1. Blogger keeps eating comments. I said I like your pants and your sunglasses! And I hope you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pants, Margy! And I looove that pic of you and Maggie! Glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new pants! Glad you had a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pants! I love the print. And the vest you're wearing with them. It makes a nice outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always wear amazing prints! I love the shot by the sink, too. I'll be checking out your fabric links. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you manage to make black and white look so 'colourful'? Great outfit from head to toe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pants, can't you just see them with real paint spatters..but oh where can I
    get those shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful outfit, Margy, and your feast sounds delightful! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That photo of you and the teenybopper is the funniest thing I've seen in a while! It looks like it's been dropped down on another planet and is say, "Yikes, where the h___ am I?"

    Great pants, those are from the pattern you worked so hard on, aren't they? It shows. I think I'd like to work with Lynda Maynard like you did. It sure paid off.

    You look terrific as always, Margy. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love what you did with that fabric - the pants are just great. And thanks for mentioning www.smugglersdaughter.com - I appreciate the support!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Japanese style apron! They made us make one of these as the first sewing project in my middle school home-ec class. I still have the one "I" made. (well, my mom helped me quite a bit.....)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both your glasses and sunglasses. Great taste! cherie(stylenudge.com)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ink splatter pants, is there anything more cool? I love these. The whole thing WORKS, and your eyewear with this outfit is perfect. I agree, the apron is very stylish as well. I saw a TV ad for either a product or a lifestyle - I'm not sure which - and at the end of the meal the hostess takes the four corners of the tablecloth, bunches EVERYTHING on the table into a huge mess in the middle and dumps it in the trash. Um... Maybe not. Laugh! What a luxurious day, good food and company. Surfer dude? Laugh again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pants are great-looking, Margy. You've made a real find in Smuggler's Daughter, it appears. Combine that with a perfectly-altered pants pattern and magic happens. : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great in black and white. Perfection with your hair and your fabulous glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are classic "smarty-pants" on you. You're smart and they're elegant with a big measure of cool. Thanks for the sewing inspiration ... I've been making some drop- waisted midi skirts that I couldn't find here, and I appreciate your muse-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete