About Me

My photo
Los Olivos, California, United States
You can reach me at fool4fabric (at) gmail (dot) com

Sunday, February 7, 2016

TO PARADISE AND BACK!

Bosque del Cabo, Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
Truly a Paradise on earth, and we have been fortunate to visit for the second time. This time we went to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. It was the
perfect choice, we were so very well taken care of.



We spent the days walking, seeing the incredible wildlife, lounging by the pool, napping in the hammock...


and ate fabulous meals, 3 times a day. The fresh fruit was exotic,

the choices many, the bar close by and welcoming...




How lucky we are!

I finally got into my studio, after the usual post-trip activities, and managed to
"save" a vest I had almost made into a wadder...




The pattern is from Cutting Line Designs, the vest from "Light and Shadow' and 
the fabric is a beautiful striped dupioni I bought from Emma One Sock at least
four years ago. The stripe is red, black and silver, and goes with so many of my
wardrobe items, I was desperate to "make it work"...and I did!

I am in the (pleasant) throes of planning a wardrobe for my trip to Paris in the fall...I am skewing the color scheme a little...instead of the true red I have been wearing, I have chosen some fabrics and RTW items in a claret tone, which has a little more blue/brown in it. 

I found this lovely alpaca poncho and fell in love with it...


It is perfect for travel, light and airy! The hat is by Kangol, I have
the same model in black, and it is crushable, so good for travel. (It's called
"The Diva"!)



I also found a pair of boots (imagine that!) that go with the claret tones...


Not only is the color right, they're highly comfortable and will be good for travel.

Based on Sham's recommendations, I enrolled in Marcy and Katherine Tilton's 
newest Craftsy class, called "The Artful Teeshirt".  In their inimitable way, they have made another winner. Their instructions are so clearly spoken, and as always, I learn something new every time I watch it. Highly recommended!

I will pay a visit today to Patti's Visible Monday... come on over and see the highly visible women! Thanks, Patti....

TTYL...

14 comments:

  1. WOW, Costa Rica is unbelievable! Such stunning photos - they look like they are from a magazine spread. Many congrats on your anniversary! I loooove your vest! Wow, your version really elevates it. That silver trim is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! Thanks for sharing the delectable spread of gorgeous photos, what a wonderful memory you'll have of celebrating 40 years together. Your vest is wonderful, as is the poncho. Looking forward to the Paris wardrobes from you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful setting - and there is no better pineapple on earth than from Costa! You look wonderful and thanks for sharing, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that vest and poncho. Great Costa Rica photos, esp. love the one of Dad and you at the table. You both look great and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous place to celebrate such a momentous occasion. Your new poncho is gorgeous, as is the saved vest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home! Exactly, how did you "unwad" the vest?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Costa Rica sounds wonderful! Congrats on your 40 years. I, too, am curious about the vest - why a wadder and how did you fix it?
    Thanks,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Costa Rico too - yummy pictures - and love your vest. I've been thinking about that vest pattern and wonder what changes you made to make it work? Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am also curious on why the vest was a wadder and the salvage process. I'm glad you had a lovely time. From your pics, it's clear I must go visit there. How delightful! I'll stand back so I don't drool on your boots - I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated anniversary! In yoga this morning we were prompted to TELL those who inspire us that they do so. I'm normally a rather silent lurker..... but YOU have inspired me for years. Thank you so much for that gift! I would give just about anything to be along with you this fall for Paris Tilton, I'll be watching the preparation (and the trip. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful place to celebrate! Congratulations. And planning for Paris - you are a lucky lady. Look forward to see the wardrobe come together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here's to love, traveling, and sewing!! Perfect. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, it is a beautiful post. Would be glad if you can check our blog on Burc Textile and Fabrics

    ReplyDelete