About Me

My photo
Los Olivos, California, United States
You can reach me at fool4fabric (at) gmail (dot) com

Sunday, September 20, 2015

ADDITIONS TO MY FALL WARDROBE...

Despite being temporarily slowed down by a traveling cold, I've been productive in the studio and online, adding to my fall wardrobe.

In an interesting and mostly successful trifecta, I combined V8929, V1034 (OOP) and my custom pant pattern by Lynda Maynard, and made a pair of jeans in a beautiful red/black denim from Silhouette Patterns.


I need to change the waistband to a contoured one and take a few tucks in the back leg, but I'm pretty pleased with them. I am pairing then here with a TNT
B5954, a tunic in a pretty paisley in red, gray and black from Fabric.com.



I made the same tunic (can you tell I like it?) in a cozy sweater knit with polkadots from Marcy Tilton, this time without the cowl collar and with a contrasting neck binding.




Paddywack approves...AND matches!


I couldn't resist a long sweater jacket from Orvis in a black and gray houndstooth...



And, a fun, funky short pullover taffeta vest with a wire collar from Sun Kim,
a division of Comfy.




So, that's what I've been up to! I'm off to Artistry in Fashion next weekend, to
see old friends and meet up with new ones, and, just maybe, do a little shopping...

TTYL

19 comments:

  1. I love your new fall looks!!

    That long cardigan is my absolute fave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous as always! Love the red paisley especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking totally fabulous, Margy! I love the vest with the wired collar - what a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure that Orvis wouldn't mind if you copied the cardigan pattern...

    ReplyDelete
  5. All fantastic garments. Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that the cold is better, Margy. It sure didn't seem to slow you down in your sewing room. Your latest additions to your wardrobe (both sewn and purchased) are wonderful. Those red jeans are particularly sassy. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your pops of red you have added! I love the confidence you have in your style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tunics and always impressed at how the length works for you. We are about the same height but I always feel tunics make me look 'dumpy'. Today, I realized that your tunics are a bit shorter than the typical mid-thigh. Will try a shorter length; thanx for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, Margy. I'm sorry to say I'll miss you at Artistry. Can't be everywhere at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such eye candy and I love it all! I can't even pick what I like best! I can't wait to see you at AIF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trés chic, madam, as always. Regards from Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Margy, Love those red jeans-you look marvelous in that shade. We drove through your home ground last week as we meandered from Santa Cruz to Tucson. My husband said "Do you want to stop and say hi?" If I could have, it would have been fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. As always, exquisite fit. fabrics and style whether sewn by you or sewn by someone else.
    Your jewellry is also equally co-ordinated and impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All the clothing pieces look stunning on you :)) Have a nice day, Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so stylish! These ensembles look just gorgeous on you. I hope you have a wonderful time at Artistry in Fashion; even the title sounds so enticing alone! I would LOVE to attend something like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. All gorgeous. I am always impressed by your style and aspire to be even half as stylish. (Most days I would be happy to look as good as Paddywack!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything so beautiful! I love the jeans. And a wire collar vest? I love wire as a structural element. You know you are talking to sewists when they describe their outfits as a number. Hahaha. Your skills overwhelm.

    ReplyDelete