About Me

My photo
Los Olivos, California, United States
You can reach me at fool4fabric (at) gmail (dot) com

Sunday, September 6, 2015

DISPARATE DOINGS...

It's continued to be HOT (105℉) here, it makes my studio uncomfortable to be in, especially in the afternoon. But that hasn't stopped me...

I made a jacket from TNT M5433 (OOP) using a gorgeous brocade from Emma One Sock.


I snatched up this fabric as soon as I saw it...MY COLORS!




I lined it in a gorgeous red silk charmeuse (because I can...one of the many reasons I sew) 


 and paired it with some special buttons AND some of my beloved Indian jewelry


I also made the denim ankle pants (my custom Lynda Maynard pattern) in an
off-black denim from Marcy Tilton.

I had the distinct pleasure of hosting two darling 10-year-old twins (and their mother) who are both taking sewing lessons here in the valley. They had heard about my 
"Star Blogger" turn in Vogue Pattern Magazine and wanted to visit my studio and see what I do and where I do it.! I set them loose and let them wander around, inspect some of the clothes I've made, check out my inspiration wall,



and ask me any questions they wanted. It was so much fun! Thrilling to see young girls interested in sewing. I hope it's a trend!

This is the very brief season when fresh figs are in the market...so I took advantage of it and made Chicken with Roasted Figs


Oh, so good....

and (be still my heart/stomach) Halloumi with Honey-Grilled Figs


and with that, I leave you for now!

TTYL

25 comments:

  1. I didn't realize, until I saw the back of the jacket, that the pattern is a ginormous houndstooth. Gorgeous fabric, gorgeous jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Another fabulous ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your jacket. Yes, they most certainly are your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magical clothes, and those fig dishes!!! You may need to start a recipe blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly understand why this pattern is TNT for you. The proportion is just perfect. It's not easy to identify the sweet spot for a 3/4 length jacket. Nice work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your jacket - my colors as well. Gorgeous outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That jacket is gorgeous, and the lining...oh how delicious to have a real silk charmeuse lining!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an inspiration you are! Beautiful outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally your colors and I love those buttons. And the lining, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous jacket and love the red lining. I've so admired your fabric choices and sticking to just a few colors. This fall I'm changing my neutral from black to brown and will add rust, orange, gold and a touch of green. I'm hoping to keep everything in this color family especially my travel wardrobe. You are such a inspiration! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous gorgeous jacket, Margy! A perfect use of that enormous houndstooth design! (I'm happy that I have this fabric marinating in my stash. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another beautiful interpretation of your TNT jacket! Love the red charmeuse lining that plays so well with the fabric. Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're outta control - sewing jackets in 105F heat! That's passion for you. And sounds like you're inspiring others as well. Isn't that cool? I love that you opened your studio to fuel more creators.
    Your new jacket in your colours is gorgeous. And your neck piece is stunning! You wear it with distinction.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your jacket and those meals are making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That print is great. I love the red charmeuse lining! It is exciting that you were able to host a new generation of sewing enthusiasts and inspire them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what a beautiful jacket! One great make! And loved how you crowded your fabric swatches together on a board along with pictures of various patterns with the fabrics your thinking about.....did that with quilting, but never thought about it with my sewing-BRILLIANT.....!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for inspiring me again! Beautiful and stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are an inspiration for sure...both with sewing and creative cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is one helluva great fabric and you certainly did it justice. The buttons are perfect for it. Did you always wear red and black? Or did your favorite colors change when your hair went gray? I do love red & black too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is amazing how few young people know how to sew these days so it's really wonderful that you have 10 year olds signing up. Everything is so homogenous these days. If you can't sew how can you possibly have a unique and perfect red lined jacket?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Food and sewing! Doesn't get much better in my opinion. I love the jacket, and the lining is delicious. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous jacket and love that vibrant lining. Thanks for including the recipes as I am always on the lookout for fun food (which is starting to catch up with me).

    ReplyDelete