custom Lynda Maynard pattern, a mid-weight linen from Fabric.com, and some
black and white braid I found last time I was in Portland.
The top is another V8089 in a linen blend from EOS which Linda called
"sharkfin". It's got a little bit of stretch and I think it must have some rayon in it, as it's quite drapey. Love the fabric!
Of course, I can wear both my wrap belts with it...
The renovation revolved around a jacket I made 3 years and 50 pounds ago...in those days I wore much looser clothing and my friend Shams hadn't
yet taught me to take pictures of myself...
The fabric is a fabulous, unusual one from Marcy Tilton...I've never seen another one like it.
I think it is Japanese; it's a layer of thin black jersey with a very holey denim stitched to the top of it with circular stitching. The holes are "deconstructed" and
therefore very ravelly (it's a bear to sew!). On top of this are large zen-type
circles painted in red, silver and ochre...looks hand painted. I finished it off with a fabulously sparkly red Riri zipper...
It's the only piece of clothing from my "larger" days that I couldn't bear to part with, so it's been hanging in my studio for a couple of years.
When an unusual desire to hem and re-do hit me last week, I tackled the jacket. I had hoped to recut it with princess seams, but there just wasn't enough fabric in the front to do that. (There was plenty in the back, however!)
So, I took it apart, recut it, added front and back vertical darts, shaped the side seams and restyled the sleeves.
The pants are M6405, blogged about here, and the shell is CLD Pure and Simple OOP.
I'm very pleased...I can't wait for fall to wear this again!
DD, the Bride2B, was here with fiancé and her "handlers" (just kidding...the woman coordinating all things wedding is a dear friend and the one who spearheaded cleaning my studio a couple of years ago). We've got lots to do to get the property pretty'd up, and I have a couple of MOB potential patterns to get going on; I can foresee busy-ness!