Now that I've solved the Cargo Pant
issue, I'm free to move on to other projects.
The question is, which one? Unless I'm specifically dedicated to finishing a certain garment, I have too many ideas.
I can easily overwhelm myself with choices, both in patterns and in fabrics. I have painfully limited myself to 10 or so patterns, and the same number of fabrics, trying to decide what to work on next.
- I have Vogue 1197, the pants, which I have made once, and want to tweak and try again
- Sewing Workshop Stella and Luna, I want to make the Stella top
- Katherine Tilton's new vest, which I'm dying to try
- Marcy Tilton's new jacket, ditto
- KT's new fleece jacket...really cute
- MT's zipper jacket, which I want to make again in an embroidered, mirrored dupioni
- A soft knit jacket from McCalls in a dark red ponte, and
- An unlined coat from Elements, which I really like the looks of.
- Vogue 2364, OOP, several vests I like, and
- Vogue 2914, OOP, a Sandra Betzina vest I have made once before.
- 3 Ponte knits from JoAnns, in black, dark gray, and red.
2. Black embroidered and mirrored dupioni for a holiday top to go with some
flame red silk velvet pants I made years ago.
3. A luscious cranberry quilted silk velvet which I want for a lightweight but
warm vest which will peek out of my usual grays and blacks. The one on the
My friend Laura
has had one like this for years.
4. A cozy reversible fleece with two different sides from Marcy Tilton
I haven't decided which one I want to make yet...
5. Two double knit leopard print knits, one from Marcy
and one from Emma One Sock
6. Some more Supplex in a nice medium gray from eBay...
7. A wonderfully odd, probably rayon mix, reversible dots, the black parts
which I happened to see on Koos Van den Akker's FaceBook page!
8. and finally, the piece de resistance, this incredible boiled wool fleece from
with big black DOTS and a fabulous selvedge.
I'm afraid to cut into it!!!
ADDENDUM: One pattern I forgot, V8778
, Katherine Tilton, and one VERY IMPORTANT fabric combo...
This is a beautiful silver gray faux fur from Emma One Sock
, along with a quilted cotton/poly blend; this will probably be a reversible vest.